Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween!

It is no secret that Halloween is a favorite holiday at our house! The boys have been so excited for this day to finally arrive, and it didn't disappoint. They had a big time!I made Beau's skeleton costume this year, just some white felt and hot glue- gotta love spending around 8 dollars for a costume.

Luke got Beau's hand-me-down rooster costume from a few years ago. He had the choice between that or a spider and he was freaked out by the spider legs, so a chicken it was.

I got in on the action with fake eyelashes and some wings! We went to this awesome neighborhood in Hurricane called Sycamore Lane. It has lots of big trees, big houses and pretty much every house is all decked out with haunted houses and scary music. They boys loved it! We also hit Campbell's house for his 2nd birthday, but I guess I forgot my camera at that point.

We have learned the hard way in our 2 years in St. George that if you don't want your pumpkin to be smushy by Halloween you can't carve them too early. We went for Wednesday before Halloween and they survived!

Of course we had to make some Halloween treats too. Eyeballs and caramel apples with eyes. Yummy. Actually the eyeballs were a bit much- doughnut holes dipped in white chocolate with a chocolate chip and red icing. Yikes! They looked cool though.

Beau had circus day at school on Wednesday. He is not a very cheerful clown in this picture. When I picked him up he told me he didn't want his face painted and he was pretty grumpy on the way home. I finally got it out of him that he thought he couldn't eat his popcorn with paint on his lips, and I had to bribe him to take his picture. He cheered up when we washed his face and he got to eat all his popcorn.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Cute costumes. I'm way impressed with the skeleton one!!

Julie said...

Looks like Fun!You are lookin good Em. Glad to see all is well!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are soooo cute! I love the costumes, wow- did you really cut all those bones out of felt? I'm impressed. Looks like you all had a great Halloween! We miss you!

CPost said...

Wow, I can't believe you made his costume, it looks awesome. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween..

Melissa said...

Such a cool skeleton costume and I love that rooster outfit. Love the fake eyelashes...and your hair is getting long! It looks way cute.
The eyeball treats are so cool! Dipping doughnuts in chocolate?? Yikes! Love ya!

Alli said...

Fun Halloween! :)