Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A very eventful day

Beau has been waiting for this day to come for a long while, and finally it came! He started preschool today and it seems he is going to really love it.

I dropped him off and he told me he didn't want me to get out of the car. He wanted to walk in by himself. This should come as a big shock to anyone who knows Beau. He has never done well with change and anything new. (just ask any one of his primary teachers) I guess he was very ready to go to school!

And here has been the other event for the day, potty training! Call me crazy because I am actually potty training a 2 and 1/2 year old boy. Well I should say he is potty training himself. He has been going really well for about a week, and today I finally got brave and put him in underwear. He always tells me when he needs to go #1, but #2 is another story. He is doing awesome so far, still wearing pull ups for bedtime and naps, but we will see how it goes tomorrow. Wish us luck and any advice is welcome. (Sorry if the pic is offensive, but I did censor it! It was just too funny to see him peeing with a helmet on.)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad to see that Luke is practicing safety first while using the potty....too cute! That's awesome that Beau is excited about school. Parker hated the fact that I waited at the bus stop with him the first day of school. He keeps forgetting he is only 5...he is just too cool I guess:)

Heather said...

Way to go boys! That's awesome that Luke wants to go potty- they just do it when they're ready, with a little help from mom! I hope Beau loves his preschool year!

Alli said...

Fun! I'm glad that Beau is going to like preschool. Way to go, Luke!!! :)

Melissa said...

Beau looks so TALL! They are so cute. The helmet picture is so hilarious....I'm glad you shared and censored :)

Julie said...

I just can't believe how big your boys are! I still remember you coming in with Beau in a car seat wanting a job! They are both soo big! Love it!