Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tonsils, Adenoids, and ear tubes- check
Well, Today was the big day. We went in at about 9 this morning for his surgery and we made it without any struggles. He couldn't eat anything after midnight last night, so I was worried he would ask for food and milk, but he didn't. It was a lot of waiting around, but Luke did really good. He didn't want the hospital gown on until he got the "happy juice" and then he willingly put it on. He was trying to walk around and he looked like a little drunk. Anyway, we waited what seemed like forever and then they finally called us back to see him. The doctor said his adenoids were even bigger than his tonsils and they were glad they got them out. He was still waking up and he really wanted his IV out. He would cry for a minute and then he would fall back to sleep again for a minute. As soon as they got the IV out, he was just fine. We made it home and he relaxed for a minute and then threw up all the chocolate milk he drank at the hospital. Luckily, my mom was here to help me all day. She stayed with Beau while we went with Luke. Luke was a little bi-polar today- crying one minute and laughing and playing the next. He is excited about all the pudding and treats he gets to eat. And he even ate some rice crispies and some pizza today. I'd say he is doing really well, but I'm sure the next week will be a little challenge. We are happy to have it over and done with and hopefully he will stop getting sick from now on. Thanks to everyone who prayed for Luke and thought of us today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh I'm soooo happy he's okay! It's a TERRIBLE surgery when you are older! I had my tonsils out when I was 16 and it was MISERABLE! BEYOND misery, it was HE*@... I lost 15 pounds! I'm SOOO glad you got that done EARLY!! Get better LUKe man!
*By the way, you have to tell TJ that Jason has ALMOST reached his goal of 185 lbs.He is 186 right now! He's a MAD MAN working out everyday and has RESISTED all sweets for several months now!!! SUPER AWESOME!! THANKS TO TJ for inspiring him and teaching him!!!
We are glad little Luke is doing good. It's always a little interesting to see your kids after they have the "happy juice" or "spiderman juice" when Parker had to have it. I'm sure you are glad to have it over with...glad that Mom was there to help she's a real lifesaver:-)
Glad he did great! He is a little trooper!
Glad your mommy is there to help! She is so great!
I hope Luke continues to do well! Hey, I love couponing, too! I feel like its my contribution to the family budget. I save as much as I make working at my part-time job.
Oh....I'm so sorry! I feel your pain! Harper just got his out in February, and it was rough, but he has been sleeping and eating so much better! It was so worth it! The worst part was that his ears were killing him which I thought was kind of weird. I hope Luke doesn't get them, but just be prepared for horrible earaches, especially at night. I hope he gets feeling better soon.
Your kids are so cute by the way!! and its been fun to see your blog!
ah i really hope that the surgery helps!! it was the best thing for coen... hasn't really been sick since!
I am so glad that everything went weel with Luke's surgery. Hopefully he wont keep getting sick anymore.
Oh I am soooo happy that things went well and the Luke is getting back to normal.
Post a Comment